Spread the Word!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Busy Mom Collective)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter brief review
- Press send
- Accept our undying love and devotion
About The Guest:
Carol Gavhane is the co-founder of Asha Blooms, a husband and wife team whose business was born from their walk with secondary infertility. (For those who don’t know what that is, it’s not being able to achieve or sustain pregnancy the second time around.) Everything about their first child was fairly typical, but trying to add to their family afterwards was incredibly difficult. During those years, They have tried everything under the sun – clean eating, support groups, fertility yoga, acupuncture, meditation, negotiations with God, many visits to the fertility clinic, and on and on. These things did help as they provided comfort or bits of positivity, but there were many dark days thrown in the mix. Who would have ever thought a fertility bracelet found online would help as much as it did?
Carol and her husband found solace in the bracelet because it was a tangible reminder we could touch to give us the strength we needed. On Carol’s wrist, its weight provided a beacon of hope that she could feel at all times. Similar to what a wedding ring or rosary bead may mean to you, this bracelet meant something. That’s when it dawned on them – the intentions behind jewelry matter as much as the beauty of the jewelry itself.
Asha Blooms handcrafts purposeful jewelry intended to inspire, uplift, and help you believe. Words and thoughts carry enormous power. Use them to elevate your days.
- Carol shares her struggles with childcare and juggling a business at the same time. Although she and her husband works on their business full time, the actual hours spent working on the business is also mixed in with taking care of their second child.
- We talk about how Carol feels guilty for wanting to spend so much time on her business and also want to be present when she’s around her children. She certainly is not alone with this mindset!
- On our call, Carol and I start with her and her husband’s daily work schedule. We suggest a routine where they designate days of who spends time caring for the baby while the other works in the office. Another suggestion was to find a friend to pick up their kindergartener from schold and switch off pick up days!
- Let’s get on a schedule! Carol shares how she has about 3 hours in the morning where her and her husband can work on the business while the children are at school or daycare. They both have daily morning meetings together but Carol shares how sometimes she still feels like she’s trying to make a full lap for the day! I suggest Carol to create a meeting with her husband at the end of the week and talk about the ups and downs of the last week and prepare for the upcoming week!
“Sometimes, I feel like I don’t know what I should prioritize next.” Carol Gavhane
- Have a big picture day once a month! Another tip I share to Carol is to schedule a monthly meeting with her husband where they talk about the BIG picture of the business and share their goals of the month! Maybe, even turn it into a mini date!
- Carol and I talk about her top 3 most focused tasks that she can prioritize when they children are away at school.
Join the Side Hustle Moms Family!
When you're a part of the Side Hustle Moms you automatically get all the freebies that go with each episode sent directly to you, PLUS you get notified of new episode and learning opportunities (like masterclasses!) as it comes out! How fabulous is that?!