Spread the Word!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Busy Mom Collective)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter brief review
- Press send
- Accept our undying love and devotion
About the Guest:
Jenny is a former reading specialist who “retired” from her teaching career when her blogging income far exceeded her salary. Through hard work and dedication, her lifestyle blog, The Melrose Family, became regularly sought out by nationally recognized brands such as Neutrogena, Smuckers, Glad, Costco, Stanley Steamer, Sara Lee and many more. The unique pitching process she developed for working with brands, transformed an empty editorial calendar into one that was completely booked months in advance. Now, she’s combining her passion for teaching with her extensive experience working with brands to help other bloggers do the same via JennyMelrose.com and her podcast, Influencer Entrepreneurs with Jenny Melrose.
- Jenny shares how you can repurpose your content and grow your audience without reinventing the wheel! She says how she will use her live broadcast and turn that into a blog post, podcast episode, youtube episode, instagram post, and pinterest!
“We put out so much free content, it doesn’t make sense to continually put it out there and not use it elsewhere.” – Jenny Melrose
- Your audience is everywhere and you can’t possibly be everywhere. With so many platforms available to us, it’s crazy to think up new content for each one. Instead, take your one content and tweek it for each audience because they will be just a little bit different.
- It’s all about consistency ladies! When Jenny first started doing live broadcasting, it scared her to death! She is a natural introvert and was nervous messing up on live broadcast! Once she continued to go live as she is, that fear slowly went away and she started getting better and the audience started showing up!
“When people can come and know when they can find you at what time and what day, they will be there! Your die hard fans will go there!” – Jenny Melrose
- Always have a call to action! Jenny goes live every Tuesday at 11 am and she says that she always has a freebie or call to action after her facebook live. This same freebie can also be shared on your podcast, blog, youtube, etc. You always want to build your list because although Facebook and instagram is a great tool to build your audience, when it’s taken away, you’ve just lost a way to get a hold of your audience.
- Go live on your Facebook page instead of your group. When you go live on your Facebook page, it’s much easier to share that in multiple places as well as capture data that is needed to help your business grow.
- Should you be present on ALL of the social media platforms? Jenny recommends showing on two but choose wisely! For example, if you’re looking to be a blogger and attract to sponsored brands, you have to be on instagram because that is what brands are looking for!
- There is no such thing as an overnight success! Jenny and I share our journey in the blogging world and how long it has taken our blogs to actually create a revenue. It’s certainly not as easy as it looks and like anything, you have to build the know like and trust in your audience! At times especially on social media, it can be tough to see others that make it look easy but you really have to dig a little bit deeper into their journey. Just because it looks simple for someone else, it doesn’t mean that you’re a failure! Everyone’s journey is different.
Join the Side Hustle Moms Family!
When you're a part of the Side Hustle Moms you automatically get all the freebies that go with each episode sent directly to you, PLUS you get notified of new episode and learning opportunities (like masterclasses!) as it comes out! How fabulous is that?!