Spread the Word!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more mamas and families!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Side Hustle Moms)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter brief review
- Press send
- Accept our undying love and devotion
About the Guest:
Hunter Clarke-Fields is a mindfulness mentor, coach, host of the Mindful Mama podcast, and creator of the Mindful Parenting course. She coaches moms on how to cultivate mindfulness in their daily lives. Hunter has over twenty years of experience in meditation and yoga practices and has taught mindfulness to thousands worldwide. She is also the mother of two active daughters, who challenge her everyday to hone her craft! Find out more about Hunter at MindfulMamaMentor.com.
- Hunter speaks on her journey of practicing mindfulness in her own life and how much it has helped her from the high and lows of depression. It started with 10 minutes of daily meditations and although she didn’t notice the difference right now, she noticed later on how she no longer had the dips of depression! Once she became a mother, It was a whole new challenge and she had go back into her mindfulness skills but relate it to motherhood as well! Hunter and I talk about some grounding skills that we use when motherhood overwhelms us.
- How can you manage your stress levels when you’re a full time working mom with a side hustle? Hunter gives us some tips on how to stop feeling overwhelmed when we feel that we have to do all the things! She says one of the biggest question she gets is, “How do I stop yelling at my kids?” and one of the biggest things to do is to reduce our overall stress levels.
“If we go by everything society tells us to do, we will just be completely exhausted and totally unhealthy! You don’t have to do everything and you don’t have to do everything perfectly!” -Hunter Clark-Fields
- How are you speaking to yourself? Are you saying kinds things to yourself or are you always telling yourself that you’re a complete failure? This could be something we have not thought about before but Hunter talks about how this kind of negative self talk can increase your stress levels.
“Mindfulness is that intention to pay attention fully in the present moment!” – Hunter Clark-Fields
- You have permission to take time for yourself! These mom stereotypes can be so frustrating and Hunter reminds us that it’s completely ok to say no to some things and you’re allowed to have time for yourself. When you model self care, you’re showing your children how to have a healthy fulfilled life!
- How can you practice being present with your children? Hunter talks about really being present and how you can train your brain to stop being on planning mode.
“If we are training our brains to always being on the phone and checking off the next thing on our list, than we are never practicing to be really present.” – Hunter Clark-Fields
Join the Side Hustle Moms Family!
When you're a part of the Side Hustle Moms you automatically get all the freebies that go with each episode sent directly to you, PLUS you get notified of new episode and learning opportunities (like masterclasses!) as it comes out! How fabulous is that?!